Tennis Ministry Bulletin Board

Please keep your comments on tennis or your faith. Bulletins are reviewed and may be deleted.

Tennis Ministry Bulletin Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I have the following information on ICTA at your request

In reply for your request to find out information on the ICTA organization. I have contacted several times, the ICTA Founder, Scott Pascal by email and he has replied. I requested the following information. 1. Exactly where is the training academy located? 2. What is your tennis background? 3. What are the churches that ICTA currently works with? 4. What are some ministries that ICTA currently works with? 5. What is your address?

As of this date, he has refused to provide any of the following information?

I feel that any person doing tennis coaching, establishing a tennis ministry and esp. a Christian tennis academy should willingly provide this information. I believe that these are relevant questions that everyone should ask before sending their children to a Christian coach or camp.

I will provide any further verifiable information as I receive it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am interested in the ICTA. I have two boys who have begun competing in junior tournaments and take lessons currently with the club pro. It's truly a great option for Christian families to have an academy interested in helping develop the spiritual and physical needs of atheletes. However, I am concerned that there is no physical address for the facility nor recommendations by any reputable Christian leaders. My husband and I do not want our children to be influenced by anyone who does not have the endorsement by someone we can contact for reference. Is this Academy recognized by any reputable ministry. Why is Scott Paschal's picture and the actual location of this academy not revealed. Is there anyone we can contact who can verify that Scott Paschal is who he says he is. In this day and age we cannot just assume that someone is a Christian just because they say they are. If my kids go to any academy or camp, I need to know that they are going to be safe and their Christian faith not compromised. I hate to think of the posssibility, but if parents don't first question and investigate the integrity of ones they entrust their children to influence,it could have devastating consequences.

We can't just assume our children will be safe just because someone is SAYING all the right things. We should ask are they DOING the right things. I read all the info on the ICTAtennis.net website and it's great. How wonderful it would be to help my boys share Christ through tennis and to learn to play their best for God's glory! But how awful it would be if the influences of the academy are not what they seem to be. Is Scott Paschal married? Does he have children? Is he involved in a local church ministry? How about his staff? What's Scott's tennis background? Where did his staff come from and what are their credentials and references?

I really don't like to be so cautious, but I have to be when it concerns my kids. My Mother never had to be that suspicious of people that worked with kids when I was young, but it's evident that we sure do need to now.