Return to Website

Share & Prayer

Welcome! You will find a warm and welcome environment of people who will reach out to you wherever you are at in the illness journey -- whether you are in the beginning stages of illness or a long-term survivor.

Share & Prayer
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An Encouraging Word for the Saints of God...

“And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams” (1 Samuel 15:22).

It is written, “Obedience is better than sacrifice.” I say it is also better than blessing. This is the deepest meaning in the story of Abram offering Isaac on the altar. God said, “Go and do this.” He obeyed. Did Abram leave that altar saying, “God changed his mind”? I don’t think so. God wanted only obedience. I have just experienced that today. God told me to negotiate and gave me every evidence that I should claim a certain thing. I did. I did everything in my power to obtain it. But I didn’t get it! What now? Shall I question God? Shall I doubt he spoke to me? Shall I believe Satan hindered me? No! I sought the Lord diligently. He said, “Do this,” and I did it. I will rest in the peace of obedience. That makes it better than blessing. God shows you only one side of the coin—obedience.

The servant must obey without question! That, too, is faith: When a master commandeth his servant to go, he goeth; to come, and he cometh.

“Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him” (Job 13:15).

Can a man purpose in his heart to trust God when it appears he is breaking promise? Can a man still speak the language of faith when all his leadings “blow up” in his face? The giants of faith did! Men of great faith faced the most fiery trials. God has peculiar ways of developing faith, and the deeper in God you go, the more peculiar will be your testing. Do not be led to think that afflictions are necessarily proof you are displeasing him! Miracles are produced only amidst impossibilities. So you desire to be a child of faith—then ready yourself for a life of most peculiar testings.

Faith comes by using what you have. Don’t wait for obstacles to be removed. Go forth anyhow! The most critical part of faith is “the last half hour.”

----------
Don't know how many folks are still here reading messages, but this was such a blessing I had to share it.

Re: An Encouraging Word for the Saints of God...

Hi Onemore,
I check here once in a while and I think that Jesse does too.
Hugs
Marney

You are right onemore this is a great blessing.

Anne in Vermont

Yep Yep, ck in every day. Loved the post 1more.

luv luv,jesse

I check in almost daily as moderator even on days like today when just breathing with a dew point of 70 is almost impossible. Have a great night.

Anne in Vermont

Dear One Thanks for continuing to Post such fabulousTruth from scripture. Amen.

I post here yet and check here almost daily. I was having trouble posting when all those commercials were here but none since they've been gone. Quite awhile now. I believe we should keep checking this site as would hate to see any request for prayer be left unmet. WE Never Know When A New Comer or Comers might come needing prayer and encouragement. We regulars should continue to be here for them. Thank You Pastor Jesse, Anne , One and Marney. I should have put Anne first as she is moderator. You all have God's love shining in your life.

Love, Helen