INDIAN RAILWAY SIMULATOR FORUM

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

INDIAN RAILWAY SIMULATOR FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Delhi- Sealdah MSTS project

Hi guys,

I have started this project of simulating the Delhi - Sealdah route through Grand Chord.

As the whole 1441 KM route would be impractical not only to build but to drive a Rajdhani, I am making a shortened version of the same. What I am planning is to have a 36 KM route till Ghaziabad and then shorten the rest of the route so that a Rajdhani can cover the distance in roughly 5 hours or so. I need your suggestions on this piece.

I have completed track laying till Ghaziabad from New Delhi. This includes the bridge over Yamuna, flyover at Sahibabad and the Hindon Cut Bridge before Ghaziabad. Though I have downloaded the Indian Railway objects to be used on the route, I would definitely have to create a lot of objects (Like Tilak Bridge/ Minto Bridge/ Canning bridge/ Barakar Bridge/ Temples/ Trees) as the current objects are more suitable to Southern India! I must appreciate the quality of traction structures, stations uploaded on the ites for download. Right now I am concentrating on the track laying (Xtracks) and terrain shaping....I know a huge work awaits me when I have to start designing the objects!

This route has been very close to my heart as this has been the most travelled route since my childhood. The simulation is also laden with a lot of challenges post Gaya as the route has to rise up and pass through 3 tunnels. I will shorten the sections where we have long stretches of the route passing through agricultural fields....like the Ghaziabad- Allahabad section

This is huge aspirational route and I really dont know whether I would be able to surmount the challenges lying ahead....just chugging on!

I will keep the forum updated with the developments and the stage the route is in. Currently I have desined the Ghaziabad yard and have to start work today from the section where the Lucknow/ Meerut lines move away from the Del-Cal main lines.

...hey one last bit...I have tried to join the IRFCA train simulator forum but have not been able to get the membership for the last 2 weeks!...any dopes on the same?

Regards,
Shantanu

Re: Delhi- Sealdah MSTS project

hello shantanu
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY OF INDIAN RAILWAY SIMULATOR FONDLY CALLED AS IRTS.BY POSTING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THIS GREAT FORUM YOU HAVE JUST BOOKED A TICKET INTO THE HEAVEN OF INDIAN RAILWAYS.Well im really happy to see you coming forward with this great delhi-seldha route,i have a great fascination for this route and have myself travelled in this route so many times.I towuld be reallya great thing for IRTS once you release the route.Please update your route with constant screenshots and do post them to me regularly and i shall put it for download,and i would suggest you to release your route in parts so that it would liven up everybody with some constant action.Well the other pending msts route projects of the site are GOLDEN ROCK ROUTE,INDIAN PASS and much more,these have been pending for long and due to my non availability online but im workin hard to relase them shortly and lot more rail action in INDIANR AILWAY SIMULATOR witht eh likes of indian railway games both 2d and 3d,indian railway 3d movies and a whole lot of MULTIMEDIA IR ACTION TO THE CORE.THE SITE HAS IT IN ABUNDANCE DO CHECK OUT THE SITE REGULARLY FOR SOME CONSTANT RAIL ACTION,AND ABOVE ALL THE VERY FIRST RAILWAY GAME TO BE RELEASED IN THE HISTORY OF INDIAN RAILWAYS is on shortly,check the site out cosntantly for live rail action.
thanks
vikrant

Re: Re: Delhi- Sealdah MSTS project

Hey Vikrant!

Thanks for the words of encouragement!...would really need a lot of help and support as I move on!

Right now the route has vast green grass! Even New Delhi station is on the Jurassic era lying nowhere! I am actually postponing adding of objects for some time till I see all the signalling and rail operations go out smoothly. But your suggestion is valid....I think when I reach a certain portion, I will start adding in objects and share the route for people to enjoy as well!

I have currently run into a problem now....just discovered that my GHZ yard cant accomodate long goods rakes. so I think I have to erase the whole eastern part of the yard and redo the same (thats at least 7 hours of efforts wasted). I think I should keep at least 1000m of loops of long goods trains. Can anybody give me some idea about the same?

Regards,
Shantanu

Re: Re: Re: Delhi- Sealdah MSTS project

hello shantanu
I think you need some good pictures or videos of the gzb yard and all those stations enroute one by one amd you should keep keep browsing it in one window while you are creatin the route in msts thats the best possible way to keep the route progressing in a rapid manner.(PS:post screenshots of the route so far,mere green ain't matter).
thanks

New MSTS... impact on Delhi- Sealdah MSTS project

Hi!

Well, thats exactly how I am progressing with the route...am using google earth a lot in the sidewindow.

I lost some steam day before yesterday when I found that Microsoft is coming up with the new version of MSTS by the end of this year which would be in an entirely different platform (Flight Simulator X). My question is, is there any point in investing so much time and effort on a route which would be rendered unusable by the next year? The route till Ghaziabad is ready and I was approaching Dadri. Its been immensely satisfying experience....but it would definitely take me another 4-5 months to finish the route...the time by which the new MSTS would be released in the market on PC platforms/ Xbox. The new version would probably have more user friendly features and GUI.

My question is what to do now? The route being my baby...it feels painful to abandon the route afer such a fulfilling experience till now. On the other hand, if I and others on the forum is not able to use it a year down the line....its not worth all the effort.

What is the perception in the MSTS forum reagrding this development? I can see people are working on EMUs/ WAG9 (Even I would need a lot of those objects on the route!)....lot of activity going on on the current MSTS.

Do we still continue to invest time and mental energy on long projects?

Regards,
Shantanu

Re: New MSTS... impact on Delhi- Sealdah MSTS project

hey
why do you have to worry so much about msts2 affecting the progress of your msts route i really don't see any point in that and why do you even think we all would abandon our msts1 when the next version is released,dont you worry a bit we all would continue our uninhibited progress on msts and other misc,so please dont even think about abandoning your msts works,send me the updated screens on regular basis.Watch out for the INDIANRAILWAYSIMULATOR EXTRAVAGANZA which will feature a wealth of INDIAN RAILWAY GAMES IN BOTH 2D AND 3D and that for sure will emerge as one of the leader in the list of train simulators.
thanks

Delhi- Sealdah MSTS project...line reaches Aligarh!

Hi all,

Just as an update on the Delhi Sealdah route, the line just crossed Aligarh yesterday midnight :)

Thanks to all the enthu on the forum, I could gather some momentum back and took the route from Ghaziabad through dadri to Aligarh. I have some screens ready for you to see. took thre snaps while driving a 24 coach express with a WAP4 from Delhi to Aligarh. Vikrant, need your help on this! how to, where to, when to ;). Thanks once again Vikrant for pumping some petrol back to my engine :)

Regards,
Shantanu

Re: Delhi- Sealdah MSTS project...line reaches Aligarh!

thats great news send me the screenshots immediately and im there to help you anytime(MEIN HOON NA!).
LONG LIVE IRTS

Re: Re: Delhi- Sealdah MSTS project...line reaches Aligarh!

Vikrant,

I have sent you some screenshots on Vikrant@indianrailwaysimulator.com. Just check out.

Regards,
Shantanu

Re: Re: Re: Delhi- Sealdah MSTS project...line reaches Aligarh!

i just now saw your screenshots.The route is green altogether and it more or less resembles roni's a small world route,make the route more realistic with realistic terrains and scenary and happenings.
thanks

Delhi- Sealdah MSTS project...line reaches Tundla!

Vikrant!

This is exactly what I was saying by them looking bland at the moment! I am concentrating all efforts right now on the track layouts and making sure that a train can be driven from on point to another. This has to be done first...as if there is something missing on the track layout/ the activity crashes, there's no point putting all the effort on the objects. However, I am putting some stuff like the level crossings/ bridges in place. I would start working on the scenes soon.

Further update....this weekend, I have managed to complete Tundla yard. My aim is to reach Kanpur by next Monday :)

Thanks!
Shantanu!

Re: Delhi- Sealdah MSTS project...line reaches Tundla!

good job keep it up and use rolling stocks from the site and relish the momentum

Delhi- Sealdah MSTS project...line reaches Etawah!

Well guys,

At Mulayam Singh's constituency now! good Google Earth Images available as well for Etawah.

Well, took a train last weekend from Delhi to Ghaziabad to check out the details! to my dismay, the train went from the opposite side to Old Delhi station, and ten to Sahibabad via Sahadra. anyways, the journey post Sahibabad to Ghaziabad was hyper productive! Some modification to the track layout needs to be done at Hindon cut...lets see if its feasible!

Regards,
Shantanu

Delhi- Sealdah MSTS project...line reaches Kanpur Central

Track laying completed till Kanpur Central now!

Its been really a lot of work to bring the trains through the stretch from Panki to Kanpur Central through the yards and the crossings! However all that hard work is showing in the excitement of you feeling like entering a big city!

Would start work on the Kanpur Central- Chandari stretch today!

thanks
Shantanu

Re: Delhi- Sealdah MSTS project...line reaches Kanpur Central

did you add scenory and objects to the stretch if yes keep it up if not fill those sections and send me the screens at the earliest.
thanks

Re: Delhi- Sealdah MSTS project...line reaches Kanpur Central

Well......

Nice to see the forum working! I thought there was some seriuous problem !

Any ways...update for all of you....

I have completed Object laying till Mughalsarai for the Del -Sealdah route. I have the screenshots of the Delhi-Sahibabad section ready...would need some dope of how to share them.

I would now have to complte the signalling from Tundla Jn to Mughalsarai. Woud design activities for your pleasure and challenge and should be able to release the 1st phase of the route from Del to Mughalsarai by end Jan 2008.

Regards,
Shantanu

Delhi- Sealdah MSTS project: SIGNALLING COMPLETED FOR PART 1

Hi all!

As an update....the whole scenary, sounds and signalling for part one till Mughalsarai IS COMPLETE. Designing the activities now. Once those are over, shouldbe able to release the route by mid feb.

Thanks!!!!
Shantanu

Delhi- Sealdah MSTS project: ROUTE READY FOR RELEASE

The route is now ready for release.....

Would upload it on train-sim.com. Vikrant, Can I upload the same on this site as well? Havent heard from you for a long time.

Regards,
Shantanu