INDIAN RAILWAY SIMULATOR FORUM

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

INDIAN RAILWAY SIMULATOR FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WDM2KZJ 17673

i think the answer should be in the readme file, moreover all the sound files are suppose to be placed in the msts sound folder, so you have to put all the files there and it's done, and if you have made anything wrong, the as soon as you run an activity with that loco, it will show you which files are missing and you have to add those files.......hope this helps.

Re: Re: WDM2KZJ 17673

sir,

when i run the activity failed to read cabview what can i do sir please help me

Re: Re: Re: WDM2KZJ 17673

you should install loco pack 1, loco pack 2 and everything from http://irfca.org/~ronik/msts/....and read all the individual readme files attached to the locos.....this should help you....

Re: Re: Re: Re: WDM2KZJ 17673

Thank you for your reply Sir, and as you asked me to go throug the Asm Ir- loco and Asm Ir- coach Pack I have five doubts as mentioned below Sir Please explain the doubts and give me the copy of pass.sms and wag .sms already installed in your msts that will help me solve it.

As Mentioned below General EMU folder Means Asm Ir -loco or asm Ir -coach PleaseName the General EMU Folder Name

[ii] The GeneralEMU folder contains .sms files that may be used for the wagons and passenger view of any EMU train. Please name the Passenger .sms and wagon .sms file [Accela or 2000]

[iii] Both .sms files are fully aliased, so you just need to copy them into the "Sound" folder of whatever EMU you wish to use them with, and edit the wagon file(using Wordpad) to refer to them. Look for a line that is similar to this:Sound ("xxxxxWag.sms")

[iv] Please give an example of EMU Trian

Copy all of the files from the "HHP" folder to the "Train SimulatorTrainsTrainsetHHPSound" folder. It means there is no sms files in the hhp folder but the 4 sms files only in the hhp sound foder I dont know how to do this

INSTALLATION:
===============
1)Copy all of the files from the "Sounds" folder to the "Train SimulatorSound" folder. These are 4 custom sound files(internal and external wind and brake squeal sounds). They will NOT overwrite any other files in this folder. I purposely put these sounds in the global Train Simulator sound folder so that they can be referenced by any .sms file without aliasing.

2)Copy all of the files from the "Acela" folder to the "Train SimulatorTrainsTrainsetAcelaSound" folder. The 4 .sms files will overwrite the 4 original .sms files, so answer "yes" when prompted whether you wish to overwrite. I have also included the original Acela .sms files in case you are not happy with the way my modifications sound and wish to reinstall them.

3)Copy all of the files from the "HHP" folder to the "Train SimulatorTrainsTrainsetHHPSound" folder. The 4 .sms files will overwrite the 4 original .sms files, so answer "yes" when prompted whether you wish to overwrite. I have also included the original HHP .sms files in case you are not happy with the way my modifications sound and wish to reinstall them.

4)The GeneralEMU folder contains .sms files that may be used for the wagons and passenger view of any EMU train. I added traction motor and wind sounds to both the external and passenger views. Both .sms files are fully aliased, so you just need to copy them into the "Sound" folder of whatever EMU you wish to use them with, and edit the wagon file(using Wordpad) to refer to them. Look for a line that is similar to this:

Sound ("xxxxxWag.sms")

Just change the xxxxxWag.sms to genEMUwag.sms, and if there is another line refering to passenger view sound, just change the entry from xxxxxPas.sms to genEMUpas.sms.

If you don't feel comfortable editing the .wag files, you can just rename the genEMUwag.sms and genEMUpas.sms files to the same names as the original wagon and passenger .sms files for that particular EMU. You must rename the original .sms files to something else(or just delete them) before doing this.

5)All of the sounds for the Acela and HHP are also fully aliased and may be used for other rolling stock in the same manner as the General EMU sounds.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WDM2KZJ 17673

see venkat, i know you are facing a huge problem but i did it all by myself and everyone does so you yourself have to do it, and moreover it's a hard thing to go through all the readme files once again so i would request you to assist yourself, please forgive me for this.........sorry.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Asm- loco Pack-1

Thank you sir,

I will do it myself and go through the readme files once again.

could you name the two pass.sms and wag.sms files Sir.

edit the wagon file and change the xxxwag.sms means all the wag files of the emu foder shoud edit with word pad and change it please tell me Sir