Erie Cursillo Bulletin Board

Please use this bulletin board to post message and or prayer requests for the Erie Cursillo Community.

Erie Cursillo Bulletin Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Piety, Sudy, ACTION!

De Colores to ALL!

I am passing this along as sometimes we would like to do something, but don't know what, where or how - this is a great opportunity for individual action, or for a GR accountability. God Bless each and every one of us, and may we all reach out to those who are in need. (Perhaps a good marketing tool - attach a card to each shawl saying it is from the Cursillo Movement of the Erie RC Diocese!)

Hello all,
I am writing to all of you to help network far beyond this email. I work at Yolanda G. Barco Oncology Insititute and although I am the Breast Health Educator, I work with all patienets. In the past we had donated prayer shawls that I could give to patients receiving treatment. I am out! These shawls are very comforting as the ideas is that the person making the shawl/wrap will pray for the person that would recevie the wrap - comfort and strength through their treatment. I received one when I was going throught my treatment and it remains on the back of my chair at work. I never knew who gave it to me but it meant so very much to think that someone cared enough to make me one. My plea is to find people that are willing to donate shawls/wraps and/or yarn so that we can have these available and I will be able to give to patients during their treatment. I Googled on the internet for free crochet/knit patterns for shawls and wraps and there are a wealth of varieties available. Not being a creative person myself, I am asking for your help. If you know of a person or group that might be interested, please forward this on. If there are questions, please have them contact me. I thank you in advance for your support and caring.

Susan Kilburn, BSN,BSE,RN
Clinical Nurse Breast Health Educator
Yolanda G. Barco Oncology Insitute
16792 Conneaut Lake Road
Meadville, PA 16335
814-373-2335

Re: Piety, Sudy, ACTION!

OOPS - I forgot this detail:

E-mail: skilburn@mmchs.org

Re: Piety, Sudy, ACTION!

I knew there must have been a reason that I picked up a prayer shawl pattern and yarn on Sunday! ( I hadn't read the bulletin board in a while and I haven't touched any knitting in over a year). Thanks for the post. As soon as I get the prayer shawl finished I will send it off to them.

mem