Erie Cursillo Bulletin Board

Please use this bulletin board to post message and or prayer requests for the Erie Cursillo Community.

Erie Cursillo Bulletin Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Choir changes

Let me set the record straight:

As choir cordinator I attended the last sec. meeting and addressed those present about the overall status of the Cursillo Choir.
I mentioned the poor turn out we were experiencing especially for sings in the outlying area...and the very small list of musicians who would step forward to lead the choir. Jon Sedlymer Chris Robson and Arco have been my main go to people for the past threee years....and sometimes like Titusville we almost had to cancel because no one could lead the choir...
Thankfully Arco changed his family plans and agreed to lead us.. In addition we had three other female musicians and three othe female voices join with the five or six men that showed up that day.
Last year I requested to be relieved of this duty as I wanted to expand in other areas--no replacement could be found...before me Harry held the job for 5 years..and he had difficulty finding someone to take over...Thankfuly Lew Norton Sr. said he would assume the position for next year...
My point of addressing the sec. was to START A CONVERSATION ABOUT THE FUTURE OF THE CHOIR......
I EXPRESSED MY OPINION THAT I WAS ON THE FENCE ABOUT
WHAT DIRECTION IT WAS HEADED AS I KNOW THAT PEOPLE I CONSIDER MY FRIENDS WERE ON BOTH SIDES OF THIS ISSUE.

I also pointed out that in general " we have no problem with the women joining in when we do not have
enough men" and that I thought that was just wrong...If the women are good enough to join us when we don"t have enough men why arn't they good enough all the time....

And to another point...Women were invited back in the early 2000's to join with the choir--two or three did
but because of the rude and unchristian treatment they recieved from some of those in the choir they didn' t return...I know--I was there with my wife...

So As I expressed at the sec meeting...it time for a discussion...so that all sides can be heard from...and it should be an open discussion..not a one on one...

Thanks for listening
Bill Pilewski
Choir Coordinator