Erie Cursillo Bulletin Board

Please use this bulletin board to post message and or prayer requests for the Erie Cursillo Community.

Erie Cursillo Bulletin Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help needed

Hello! I am writing today to ask any of you that are able to please help a family with whom I am working. For those of you who do not know, I have my own (small) mental health counseling practice. I have a contract with Crawford County Children and Youth Services to provide in-home counseling to families who are receiving services through CYS. I have recently started to work with a family that is really struggling. It is a single mom with 6 children ages 8, 7, 6 year old twins, 5 and 19 months. This mom is really trying to better her situation and is a very hard worker sometimes working as many as 4 jobs to make sure her children have a roof over their heads and food in their bellies. She has gone without food for several days so her children will not be hungry. A previous service provider told this mom that she would sign the children up to receive gifts from the Salvation Army, Toys for Tots etc but did not follow through on that and now it is too late to sign them up.

My prayer was to find a way to show this mom what the true meaning of Christmas is and that there are good people in this world who will help. As I sat in this woman's living room as she cried, one of God's answers to my prayer was you! I know that times are hard for many of us and many of us just don't have another dime to donate. However, if anyone needed God's love shown to them, it is this mom. I am asking that you please pray and search your heart and if God moves you to do so, please consider saying a prayer for all of them. If you are able to donate a toy, a pair of gloves, a hat or some food or gift cards for giant eagle, tops or walmart that would be wonderful.

I will deliver any donations to the family prior to Christmas. If you wish to donate cash, I would prefer it to be in the form of a gift card or if you desire, I can use the gift card to purchase items for the family. If you would like to send a letter or note of encouragement for this family, that would be amazing as well.

The gender and ages of the children are: girl (8yrs), boy (7yrs), Twins (6yrs) boy and girl, girl (5yrs) and boy (19months).

Thank you for any support you are able to provide, regardless of the form it comes in. Prayer is so powerful and it really does change lives. Please email me if you are able to provide a gift for the family and I will make arrangements to get your gifts before Christmas and will deliver them to the family.

Martha Jones

Martha Jones

Re: Help needed

This is a repeat message of one I left a few days ago. However, I feel moved to post it again. This family needs to see God's love in action more than about anyone I know. Please, if you can pray, write a more or give a gift for this family please do so. I have been at the bottom of the pile myself and there were people there to lift me up. That is where this single mom is now. Please keep them in your prayers and if you can help in other ways, just let me know. The following is my original post:

Hello! I am writing today to ask any of you that are able to please help a family with whom I am working. For those of you who do not know, I have my own (small) mental health counseling practice. I have a contract with Crawford County Children and Youth Services to provide in-home counseling to families who are receiving services through CYS. I have recently started to work with a family that is really struggling. It is a single mom with 6 children ages 8, 7, 6 year old twins, 5 and 19 months. This mom is really trying to better her situation and is a very hard worker sometimes working as many as 4 jobs to make sure her children have a roof over their heads and food in their bellies. She has gone without food for several days so her children will not be hungry. A previous service provider told this mom that she would sign the children up to receive gifts from the Salvation Army, Toys for Tots etc but did not follow through on that and now it is too late to sign them up.

My prayer was to find a way to show this mom what the true meaning of Christmas is and that there are good people in this world who will help. As I sat in this woman's living room as she cried, one of God's answers to my prayer was you! I know that times are hard for many of us and many of us just don't have another dime to donate. However, if anyone needed God's love shown to them, it is this mom. I am asking that you please pray and search your heart and if God moves you to do so, please consider saying a prayer for all of them. If you are able to donate a toy, a pair of gloves, a hat or some food or gift cards for giant eagle, tops or walmart that would be wonderful.

I will deliver any donations to the family prior to Christmas. If you wish to donate cash, I would prefer it to be in the form of a gift card or if you desire, I can use the gift card to purchase items for the family. If you would like to send a letter or note of encouragement for this family, that would be amazing as well.

The gender and ages of the children are: girl (8yrs), boy (7yrs), Twins (6yrs) boy and girl, girl (5yrs) and boy (19months).

Thank you for any support you are able to provide, regardless of the form it comes in. Prayer is so powerful and it really does change lives. Please email me if you are able to provide a gift for the family and I will make arrangements to get your gifts before Christmas and will deliver them to the family.

Martha Jones

Martha Jones [/quote]