Erie Cursillo Bulletin Board

Please use this bulletin board to post message and or prayer requests for the Erie Cursillo Community.

Erie Cursillo Bulletin Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
prayers for Mark(past president) and Ellen

Well our Cursillo friends, we have debated about putting this out here but decided after many months that this is the only way we can reach many of you. We just spent a week in Pittsburgh getting an evaluation for Mark for a lung transplant. He has been having a very difficult time for a few years and his doctor suggested he go. Sooo we did. We have to wait until sometime this coming week for their decision. After seeing other people with this same problem, he is actually in pretty good shape. His heart Cath showed no blockages so the arteries to the lungs are in great shape. His problem would be that he has low platelets which would be a problem after the transplant as the rejection meds lower platelets. We thought that the better shape you were in, the better chance for transplant but they take the sickest first. He is fine with that. Since he has been in physical therapy with the pulmonary group, he has actually improved in stamina. Now, in the meantime, I was having horrible headaches so went to my eye doctor who said the eyes were fine. He sent my primary dr. a letter and asked him to do some blood work on me and they found cancer in my bone marrow. After fighting for two months with insurance, they decided I was covered for treatment. What I have is Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia. IGM proteins in cells are very elevated. White cells are in great number so destroy red cells leaving my immune system compromised. They initially thought it to be Multiple Myaloma but it is not. Anyway, I begin treatment at Cleveland Clinic on Tuesday this week. Has some serious side effects so I am asking for prayers or whatever you do for people who are struggling with illness. The expenses are extremely hi (Mark's transplant is 800,000 to 1 million with the insurance covering a lot of it but there will still be many thousands not covered and it is ongoing for the rest of his life) Mine, I'm not too sure yet except that the treatment is around 100,000. They gave us some ideas and suggested fundraising, with the help of an organization that we have info on. This is so overwhelming but we have to put it in God's hands and pray for the best. Sorry to lay this out like this but it is impossible to tell you any other way. Just keep us in prayer for now. Love yas.

Re: prayers for Mark(past president) and Ellen

Mark and Ellen,

You have been and will continue to be in our prayers
- for strength for both of you - strength of body and of spirit
- for the medical teams responsible for your care
- for your family

Please let us know what else we can do - you are a blessing to us.

Love and De Colores!
Janet and Arco

Oh Mark and Ellen,
Our prayers are with both of you for God's healing and your courage and peace as you go through all of this. You are both strong, Christian people and you will get through this with the support of your family and friends and God will provide the answers that you need, even the financial ones. Thank you for letting us know what is happening, I've been thinking of you both wondering what you found out. We will continue praying for you and I can tell you personally, there is amazing power in so many praying for you and God does listen and you will be able to feel the power and peace of the prayers. So let's all just pray for healing and peace for Mark and Ellen in Jesus' name. Amen.
God bless,
Kathy and Wendell

MARK, ELLEN, ANNETTE AND I WILL ALWAYS KEEP YOU TWO IN OUR THOUGHTS AS WELL AS OUR PRAYERS, THEY SAY GOD NEVER GIVES US MORE THAN WE CAN HANDLE, BUT WE NEED TO REALIZE THAT HE IS WALKING HOLDING OUR HANDS AS WE GO THROUGH THOSE TIMES. I REALIZE THAT MORE AND MORE! IF YOU TWO NEED ANYTHING CALL ME, WE LOVE YOU BOTH,,, GOD BLESS, MOOSE AND ANNETTE

Mark and Ellen,
Barb and I will keep you in our prayers at this most difficult time.

Thanks Arco and Janet. Prayers are getting us through. There will be a benefit coming up in a month or so. Just have to get a place. Would love you to come or help out if you are available. Lv yas.

Thanks Wendell and Kathy. Know you have been through it. Appreciate the encouraging words and prayers. i am already feeling the results of the love and prayers. God is good and God's people are awesome.
Lv yas.

Thanks you guys and know you have been in our thoughts and prayers that all turns out OK for you. Will let you know if we need help. Lv yas.

Thanks Mike and Barb for your prayers and support. We have angels all around us in the form of family and friends.