Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HELP!

Hello My name is Sara I m from Las Vegas; I have 4 beautiful children. I m going thru the begin part of the divorce. My spouse has been training to rush the whole thing by filling a uncontested divorce. I m hesitant to sign as I feel that I m getting the raw end of the deal. He wants 50/50 custody and will budge for any financial support. He s keeping all of belongings; I will have to leave the house with nothing. At times I feel its my chance to a new beginning and I just want to taking and run; he will be keeping all the debt, everything is under his name. I need advise from the professional &.please help!

Re: HELP!

GET AN ATTORNEY!!! Is what keeps screaming through my head when I read your post. DO NOT sign ANYTHING he gives you!

I absolutely agree with Lisa, do nothing in a moment. Speak to someone who knows. You can make VERY bad decisions driven through emotion and live with the consequneces for the rest of your life.

In Lisa's words....

GET AN ATTORNEY!!!

What you sign will affect everything in your future. My ex wanted me to just have one lawyer to share...someone he knew personally. I knew if my ex could just walk out on me and the children for his own selfish needs then whatever he wanted me to agree on was going to be far from being fair.

These men also want you to sign off quick so you miss things that you may realize you need when it is too late. My ex was as sweet as sugar when asking me to sign off on his demands and use his lawyer...when I said I prefer to find my own lawyer...he made a flip so fast it knocked the wind out of me....he started saying things like....fine, now you will get nothing out of me, I was doing this for your sake, now you blew it and we'll see what you get etc....he went from an angel to a demon when I mentioned "lawyer" because he knew he could no longer manipulate me to get what he wanted...don't be surprised if he turns on you and decides to sweet-talk you out of it or uses fear and guilt to make you back down.

At the point you are now, sad to say, but Ive been there, they do not really care what happens to us as long as they get what they want. Be Strong...It is your life, fight for it with fairness. Get that lawyer.

Susan

Hi Susan,

How are you doing i am Cassidy by name i like your words and faith you sound so sweet i will like to get to know you better and tell you why i join this site can you kindly email me at cassidymashal@yahoo.com so that we can share more as best of friends and we can locate each other from there i am Cassidy once again am male good looking as my friends says LOL i will like to get to know you better if you don't mind take care and i wait for your response pls..

Regards

Cassidy..

am new here trying to make friends

Hi Sara,

How are you doing i am Cassidy by name i like your words and faith you sound so sweet i will like to get to know you better and tell you why i join this site can you kindly email me at cassidymashal@yahoo.com so that we can share more as best of friends and we can locate each other from there i am Cassidy once again am male good looking as my friends says LOL i will like to get to know you better if you don't mind take care and i wait for your response pls..

Regards

Cassidy..