Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Amazing Song

I don't know if any of you listen to country music but this song is amazing. It made me think of my life. I don't morn my marriage any more but the hurt is still there and it used to eat at me every single day of my life. I used to think I could handle anything, I have a very hard outer surface. I was strong. But when he told me about the affairs, it shattered my heart into a million pieces. He destroyed my self image, he took all he could from me. I would wait until I heard him sleeping and the tears would soak my pillow. I remember one time after a huge fight (about his drinking and going out) we had I felt so ill I went and threw up, I got into the shower and I stayed there crying, the water turning cold. I refused to let him see my tear stained face. I didn't want him knowing he had that kind of power over me. I hated him for having that kind of power over me. But I had to get up and put the peaces back together, they don't all fit right anymore but I am getting stronger. I used to think I was never going to be able to let go of him completely. I loved him with all I had. I'm in a new relationship now. It is fun, it is loving, it is romantic, it is all I ever wanted my marriage to be...but I am so afraid to love completely, I can't afford to lose the rest of my heart....I think I'm having a cry baby day, Sorry. I am just so stressed out with all right now....
Anyhow,this song touched me so much I felt it was worth it to type it all out, the words hit home with so many of us...I have it memorized, it helps me through my cry baby days.

Sara Evans - A Little Bit Stronger

Woke up late today and I still feel the sting of the pain, Brushed my teeth anyway, Got dressed through the mess, and put a smile on my face. I got a little bit stronger

Ridin' in the car to work, trying to ignore the hurt. So I turned on the radio, stupid song made me think of you. I listened to it for a minute, then I changed it. I'm getting a little bit stronger. Just a little bit stronger.

And I'm done hoping we can work it out. I'm done with how it feels spinning my wheels letting you drag my heart around. And I'm done thinking that you could ever change. I know my heart will never be the same but I'm telling myself I'll be okay, even on my weakest day...I get a little bit stronger.

it doesn't happen over night. But you turn around and a months gone by, and you realize that you haven't cried. Not giving you an hour, or a second or another minute longer. I'm busy getting stronger.

And I'm done hoping we can work it our, I'm done with how if feels spinning my wheels letting you drag my heart around. And I'm done thinking you could ever change. I know my heart will never be the same. But I'm telling myself I'll be okay even on my weakest days..I get a little bit stronger. I get a little bit stronger

Getting along without you baby. I'm better off without you baby.
How does it feel without me baby? I'm getting stronger with out you baby

And I'm done hoping we can work it out I'm done with how it feels spinning my wheels letting you drag my heart around. And I'm done thinking you could ever change. I know my heart will never be the same but I'm telling myself I'll be okay even on my weakest days..I get a little bit stronger

Re: Amazing Song

Checked it out on you tube, yes, very good song!! From another Sara, this one by Sara Bareilles gets to me. Makes me sad to hear it. Also, if you look up this song by "kayla and kupono addiction" on you tube you can see a dance for it. i saw it on 'so you think you can dance'. i don't watch this show (I'm serious, I really don't!) but i was channel flipping and fell on it and loved the song ever since. Go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRPhQAoPFt8 for the best dance version (IMO) because there's so much emotion in Kupono's words before the dance and Kayla's face in the dance especially during the words "you're keeping me down". And I love the way Kupono hugs Kayla afterwards, he is really sorry for doing that to her and it is only a short dance! But these men do it for years and years and no apologies, just delight in their power. Good riddance. Now I like the Sara Evans song... yes getting stronger!

Lyrics:
Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long.
No matter what I say or do I'll still feel you here 'til the moment I'm gone.

You hold me without touch.
You keep me without chains.
I never wanted anything so much than to drown in your love and not feel your rain.

[CHORUS:]
Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.

You loved me 'cause I'm fragile.
When I thought that I was strong.
But you touch me for a little while and all my fragile strength is gone.

[CHORUS]

I live here on my knees as I try to make you see that you're everything I think I need here on the ground.
But you're neither friend nor foe though I can't seem to let you go.
The one thing that I still know is that you're keeping me down
You're on to me, on to me, and all over...
Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long.

Re: Amazing Song

I checked out the song and absolutely loved it. I had never heard it before and will definitely download it. Thank you!