Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: help

Rebecca,

Counseling is not for everyone, but maybe something you should consider. You are going to have to coparent with this man, so finding a way to make peace with the situation is essential to survival.

I didn't want to be divorced either. I thought we were happy. It turned out that "I love you but am not in love with you" is code for I am cheating on you. It sucks. It is hard. It is awful. I hate it. But it is what it is. I work hard to keep a healthy outlook and to not let this thing define me. Counseling didn't work for me, but I belong to a support group that has helped.

Try to find avenues for help. Some people are resilient and can heal on their own. Others need a bit of support.

I am sorry for your pain. Know that you are not alone.

Ellie

Help: Time heals. You need a good family lawyer to consult with and if you can't afford one try the following: Legal aid for low income, ask at the nearest courthouse or the Bar Association. See about job training and lower cost day care at a women's services center or unemployment office. Be sure you get your child support! The way he's talking, there could be another woman. Do you both (or just you) have insurance for counseling? Do you go to church and want to talk to a Pastor about this? Someday another nice person may come along to be with you and your child. Life is long. Hang in there. Let us know how it goes. We do care.

My suggestion is to get counseling (not with a pastor unless they are okay with the divorce thing)......pastors have an agenda..... a secular counselor does not.

I mention this, because I went to a pastor (baptist) and it nearly destroyed my life; even after 10 years I suffer because of what he did.

See an attorney (first visit usually free) and get into counseling; protect yurself and your daughter.

You are too young to waste your life with someone who doesn't want to be with you. Life is too short. Three years in and he tells you he made a mistake by marrying you?? What is he going to do at 10 years, 15, 20?? It is frankly cruel.

Get your life in order and make a plan. You have a child to raise. If you are not financially independent, start working on a plan to get there. Start building a support network. Make plans.

Ellie