Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: anyone have gone through this??

Tammy: My ex tried to get me to leave the marital home. It is a tactic Lawyers use. This tactic has been used on others on this site. Both Lawyers asked him to leave because he had more money than I did. We both had Lawyers. I recommend you both have Lawyers and have your Lawyer talk to his. What I learned eventually after many court dates was not to depend on him for anything. Our daughter learned this, too. She was 18 when he left and a full-time college student. It seems like your husband just sold everything and possibly turned it all into untraceable cash to avoid support. A neighbor of mine only carried cash and became disabled (on disability) and was drinking and it was a long time before she got any support. She went back to work and had her mom watch her child who was not in school yet and we gave her all our daughter's outgrown clothes. She also cooked for wealthy/busy people and brought food to them. Also available: Boys and Girls Clubs and YMCA for school aged child care. Also, Thrift Shops and the Salvation Army for clothing and help with budgeting, Abused Women's Services Center and the local Food Pantry. My ex was laid off on the first court date to determine alimony and we were sent home from the courthouse by the Judge via the Lawyers before we went in. It was a long time before I got anything (almost a year) and he took me back to court each year to try and end it. You did not say whether or not YOU are working and if you can or cannot work or your age range, but I would try getting job training (many women get trained to clean and do errands and take care of the elderly) or receive medical office training. I know a woman who is 60 who is doing this. Also, you need your own bank account and your own credit. Close all joint accounts. A Lawyer would tell you to do this.