Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: can i sue after divorce if i am handicapped from my ex

Maria: I don't know if you had a Lawyer or not for your divorce, but things like alimony, payment of car insurance and payment of a cell phone bill would have been handled by a Lawyer. I was a stay-at-home mom for 10 years and could only work part time due to a back injury. I was denied by SSI because they said I did not have enough money paid into the system (had not worked enough) and even if I did, I would only have gotten $300 a month. My Lawyer got me the alimony, I had to pay my own car insurance immediately as the car insurance people separated the policies right away. My ex has verbally agreed to pay the cell phone bill since he does not have a home phone. It is a family plan and I had a family Lawyer. My daughter, ex and I live in 3 different States so she thought we may need to talk and my ex agreed, but there is nothing in writing. He is still paying the bill six years later. I keep a low tech phone with no internet, etc., to keep the bill down. The Lawyer later suggested I get my own, but I need to keep the bills down. I give him $10 a month for the unlimited texting plan.