Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Insecurities and Losing my Son

Kim: When your son is older, he will realize that your ex was "buying his love" and figure out what type of a person he really is. Our daughter did. She feels guilty now about how much money he spent on her. When he left, he bought her some jewelry a "guilt gift". My ex moved across the country and got a girlfriend before the divorce was final. I met her once. She's nice. They have been together for five years now (she's a widow) and haven't gotten married. I think they are just wanting companionship on the weekends. Good luck to her. She will need it. I have been divorced for five years, daughter was 18 when he left. I am with someone, but it is far from perfect as his ex girlfriends are local, but after a period of time, we worked things out. One of them is with someone new and the other has been dating. It is like "Sister Wives" sort of. It is best to move on after a couple of years of healing. Take good care of yourself and spend time with supportive friends. If you feel you cannot speak to this other woman, even over time, steer clear of her at the gatherings.