Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Alimony support

Marie: I was given alimony for a few years. My Lawyer told me once we got into court, it was court ordered and he had to pay. He had a check sent weekly by a service. Talk to your Lawyer if you haven't already done so.

Thanks for the advice. I did not think I would have to call my lawyer back about this. Thought everything would run smooth. I mean he wanted the divorce. So I guess I will be headed back to court again.

Marie, They want the divorce just none of the real world responsibility at least that has been my experience. I would ask for your atty to file contempt charges because depending on the judge they may insist your ex pay for your atty expenses. Now be prepared, in terms of sometimes this can get lengthy. Usually 45 days sometimes longer it depends on if he has an atty or not. My atty told me anytime anything is filed you can count on no less than 45 days based upon how crazy your ex happens to be .. lol .. sorry I say it like that because I'm going ton 2 1/2 years of trying to get divorced .. hugs hang in there ..