Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Newly Separated - feeling guilty

Sunshine: I was married to someone with Asperger's Autism and didn't know it so I, as you say, "mentally left" the marriage about ten years in. As a child of divorce, I would not advise anyone just to stay in it for the sake of family life or for the kids as it would not be a quality life. The courts don't look kindly on people dating while a divorce is underway, so I would keep it very low key until the divorce is final.

I would suggest getting counseling for yourself.

Hi,
My name is Nadia and I also just separated from my husband of three years. He left about 2 weeks ago. We already lived in separate bedrooms for the past three months. I can fully relate with you on the feeling of guilt. I dont have an explanation but it is totally overwhelming. I sometime wonder if this is the best descision I made but we grew apart and there is no affection and desire. I was frustrating living under one roof. Everything irratated me. I dredded going home. At this stage I feel confused because I am overwhelmed with a lot of different emmotions and dont know what to do. I want to file for divorce but hesitant do make the appointment. I probably should give myself some time to reconnect with myself.