Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: custody

Dear Tina, I'm sure this is very painful for you to have to deal with. Have you in turn taken your son to a therapist to understand why he would want to leave your loving stable home to go live with dad? Unfortunately as children get older the courts bend more to their wishes. Your ex could be trying to change any child support arrangements you have in place. Is there anything in your custody order which states you both have rights where your child's medical care is concerned. I would want to get to the bottom of just WHY your son wants to live with his father. I have seen more than one GOOD kid go wrong when they went to live with the other parent after so many years. Could be dad doesn't parent and has little or no rules or boundaries. I would certainly take this VERY seriously! Talk to your son and make him feel safe telling you his true feelings. I will be praying for a good outcome for you.

You can consult a good custody lawyer Fairfax, VA who can help you out with this. You only need to show them that you and your boyfriend can take good car of your son rather than your husband.

tina: This all needs to go before a Family Lawyer and a Judge. Tell whoever you have to represent you legally (if you don't have anyone, you need someone) that he cannot hold down a job and has kidnapped your son. Many fathers want custody and manipulate their kids into thinking the mom is wrong for them to live with because they want full custody so they won't have to pay child support. In my eyes, any parent who kidnaps and cannot keep a job should not have any type of custody and should only have supervised visitation on a limited basis. Where I live in MA, I believe it is age 12 when the child can decide where they want to live, but it seems your ex cannot provide for him and is using counselling to try and get his way. When you son gets older, he will see his Dad for who he is in a negative light - I know, I have a 25 year old who saw everything for what it was as she got older.