Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Struggling with decision

Thanks for the positive feedback! I really appreciate it. I know I am making the right decision. I just need to remain strong.

Re: Struggling with decision

Dear Jo,

You're right, it is very difficult to spread the word because you never know what the reaction will be. Do the best you can to prepare yourself for the worst (ugliness, never seeing them again) but don't fall into the trap of having to explain yourself. That can lead to your getting into a discussion/argument about why you're doing what you're doing. Which isn't necessary. You're doing what you're doing for your own reasons.

If you feel comfortable doing so, take the women out and tell them together. Tell them they can ask you anything but they have to understand if some of your answers are "I just can't answer that right now.". Find a good spot to do this, you don't want someone in the next booth craning their neck to hear every word. Let them hear your unhappiness and pain, it'll help them understand what you're doing -- but you don't have to go into excruciating detail.

Some couples get weird, have the feeling you're now looking at their spouse so, if before you were touchy affectionate stop doing that. It stinks to have to change one's behaviour but I'm sure you understand.

Hugs for you!