Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What to do!?

OMGOSH .. this is SOOO NOT ok .. please, please, please call the Domestic Violence line in your area. DO go to the counseling they offer AND if you can find an Alanon group in your area. It is IMPORTANT to take care of YOU first and then it will make things easier.

Talk to the DV though first there are advocates in there who can guide you and help you through the situation you are going through. I'm not sure if you have an atty yet or have filed divorce or whatever .. first thing, first .. DO go and get

I'm sooo sorry that you are going through this .. DO get counseling and help yourself. HE needs to STOP harassing you and he needs to be sent a CLEAR message that this is NOT ok.

I have an Alcoholic STBX .. and the reality is that I have sole custody, he has visitation however is checked out on the kids outside of the support that is garnished from his check .. he will buy the kids things .. however ANYTHING that makes it easy on me .. FORGET IT. I DID take an OP out on mine and he violated it 3x in 3 weeks .. I DID choose to get the police involved. I'm sooo glad I did .. it brought me peace of mind AND he got that I was DONE. I am very concerned for YOUR safety .. always have a plan B. HUGS ... do come back and post and update!!

Hugs L :)

Augustine: If it were me, I would end his parental rights in court because he is not seeking treatment and is abusive. If he struck other people, he could do it to them. Hopefully, he will get tired of this and just do something else besides all these calls. I know of someone whose parental rights were taken away for this very reason. Get whatever help you need: Food Pantry, Govt. subsidized Day Care, many ladies are job trained to help the elderly with errands and cleaning in their home. Our daughter and I learned not to depend on the ex for anything. I had a Grandpa who was abusive and he took me out of his Will for not bringing my daughter to him - good, she did not have to go through what I did. Nicole?

Dear Augustine,

Sounds like you're on the right track -- limiting exposure, not taking calls. Don't delete texts or email -- just don't read them. Save them for your attorney.

Don't forget to document everything he says or does in your own notebook, courts and lawyers like it when things are spelled out and clear. Call the cops if he continues to verbally harass you so you have that documentation as well. Police reports of some kind are good documentation -- means you're serious when it comes to following through and protecting the kids.

Heck yes to contacting your local or the national domestic abuse hotlines. They are the experts when it comes to leaving an abuser and what you can do to protect yourself further. don't hesitate to find out what it takes for a restraining order/order of protection in your area -- the cops may help you with this, if not they will know who you should contact about it.

Hugs to you and the kids.