Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What does it mean when my husband starts discarding our kids.

Linda: Sorry about the loss of your son. It sounds like your husband is a very abusive, controlling and angry man. I would leave after you recover somewhat. I had a back injury back in 2005 and cannot sit or stand for prolonged periods and could only work just a few hours a week, plus I was a stay at home mom for half of the 21 yr. marriage. I got alimony after I was turned down for disability - not enough time worked/credits, I was told, etc. . If your other kids are old enough to work, perhaps they, too, could help you financially or you could ask him to leave and get a roommate to help with chores and expenses or live with family or have one of them live with you. Why stay with him? Your health will be a big consideration if you leave him regarding alimony if you are unable to go back to work, and, even if you are, you could still get alimony of a restorative nature (check the alimony laws in your State) and get a free consultation with a Lawyer. Clearly, having him around is not good for the kids.