Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need to go home

Dear Lea, I assume you have talked with the ex about this and he has said no to your proposal. It is almost impossible for you to get the courts to agree if he doesn't. Have you asked what he would want if he would agree to this move. It sounds like close to 50/50 custody at this time to me if he has them 1st and 3rd week of the month. Unless he is willing to agree or relocate I regret it sounds doubtful that this is going to happen for you and the kids. Try and build a better support group with friends. It is hard but both parents have rights and this would basically be almost taking his kids away. Maybe he will help more with the things you need help with. It sounds like a no win for your side. I pray you will get the help you need to make this less than perfect arrangement work for everyone.

Re: Need to go home

Lea: I would contact a Family Lawyer to see what they say about moving since your ex travels a lot. Tell your Lawyer what you have written here. If you cannot move, I would see if your parents and/or other relatives can stay with you for a couple of weeks in the summer to help. If you cannot move back home, I hope when your kids are grown that you can move and find peace with your family.