Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: overwhelmed !!!!

I got a divorce after 31 years of verbal and physical abuse. Fear kept me there. Fear of the unknown; how could I take care of myself.....The Verbally Abusive Relationship by Patrcia Evans saved my life and propelled me forward. iI have b een alone now for 11 years. I was the poster child for the fear of being alone.

I dealt with a flooded basement, repairs, terrible car accident in the winter........etc.......we are all strong and can do what we have to. Boil it down to one thing at a time; if we think into the future we will feel frozen. Getting some therapy is a good idea,also.

I am 67 and a Sophomore in college....because I wrote about my life and won a scholarship (used all of the ugliness and made something positive come from it.

Write, talk, journal...I used to say I couldn't do....one day at a time...I could only do one second at a time....reach out for all of the resources available...xoxo

P.S. My ex controlled everything, also.....knew nothing about bills, insurance, cable, etc....but I learned and you can too......ask questions, get the information you need and in time you will realize...hey, I am doing it!

Every time we do something for the first time is scary, but you can do it!