Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2 week separated

Ann: My ex did the same thing after he moved out - I thought he had wanted to spend time with our teen daughter and he was just doing his laundry as he continued to move his belongings out. I told my Lawyer about it. She asked me if I minded or not and I said I didn't, but I was glad when he was done moving his stuff out. I was nervous about divorce after 21 years of marriage, but now I am glad he's gone - met someone nicer.

Lara -
Thanks for replying to my post. IDK how long you have been separated/divorced but I am still having trouble accepting the reality of it.
There wasn't any big event (affair etc) that seemed to bring this on he just seems to be having a true life crisis.
If you don't mind me asking did you ex ever apologize or say your break-up was a mistake?
I know it's not healthy but right now I just want to believe that someday he'll recognize what he walked away from - me and his son.
Ann

Ann K: I have been divorced since 2009. He started dating before the divorce was final and is still with the same woman as far as I know. He never apologized nor did he say the break-up was a mistake. He had threatened to leave 4 times before. He planned it financially for years - stashing money. It takes time to adjust to single life again. Take care.

Change the locks on the doors and file for divorce and obtain associated restraining orders that protect marital home and prevent any community financial liability that might occur from this day forward....And also secure you sole residence in your home.

It's time you demonstrated that he cannot freely come and go as he pleases in your life....He moved out, so lock him out..Change your phone number too....Make this REAL for you and him both.

If this turns out to be just a separation, then make it real for you both and it will end lots quicker with lots less drama. If it ends upt in divorce, then you will be a step ahead of him-several steps ahead.