Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: So close to "happily ever after"

Divorce is never easy for anyone. It saddens me that he chose to leave you after that many years of marriage. My marriage has only lasted just over a year and is just now ending. I am glad it is ending sooner rather than later however it pains me that you have to go through this process after such a long committed relationship. Mine has blamed me for some things and I have blamed him for others. Don't let his anger and blame define who you are. Rather put the negativity behind you. It will be hard at first. But having hope and faith is what will get you through this. Be the parent you need to be for your son. Some day hopefully your spouse will realize what he has lost. Only time will tell. For now be strong and spend time with people who care about you. Surrounding yourself with friends and family can help make this difficult time more bearable.

Re: So close to "happily ever after"

Ann... You should never think that he will "come to his senses" and you should realize what are his shortcomings. It is obviously over. For myself, I desperately wanted my ex to acknowledge that there was a problem with this or that, but it never came. You have to claim the high ground, and know that you will NEVER get satisfaction from him. Lee