Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OVERNIGHT STAY NOT SAFE FOR TEENAGE GIRLS

I am seeking legal assistance with regards to a family issue with my children's father. I have four children with my ex-fiancé and he is currently on child support and has visitation every other weekend.

he has been contacting me via text requesting changes in visitation. as of now my children stay at their grandparents (his parents) home every other weekend where he stays and sees them. however he has recently moved with his new wife and is now requesting that my children stay at his home during his visitation weekends. My primary concern with this is I have 2 daughters and 2 sons. His current wife has 3 sons and I am not comfortable having teenage and preteen boys around my 13 year daughter.

My children's father as of now does not pick up his children on the correct schedule as it is now. He is supposed to pick them up Friday after school, but he does not pick them up until Saturday afternoon and drops them back off on Sunday afternoon. Again my main concern is, he does not see his children as it is now, and now he wants to have my children over his home where they are older boys present around my daughters, I have no assurance that he will keep an eye on my daughters and I am worried that negative incidences can happen.

I am also looking for assistance in changing the judgement he received in being able to claim two of my children for tax returns. As of now he only sees them 4 days out of the month, and I would like to have this change because in all honestly he does not support my children in order to claim them.

Re: OVERNIGHT STAY NOT SAFE FOR TEENAGE GIRLS

I would seek legal assistance in your state. This is an advice forum and an emotional support group. Call your local state bar to see if they can refer you to a probono attorney or at least to legal aid. I used to work as a court clerk and as a legal assistant. It is better to seek advice from your own attorney. You can also visit your local courthouse and talk to a court assistance officer who may be able to direct you to the court's website and walk you through the self help forms. Some people represent themselves, but I highly recommend getting an attorney. Since no one knows what state you're in or what the particular laws are I would once again suggest seeking outside help. If you need emotional support we are here for that.