Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Past in the past

So, I did my own divorce and the one thing I did not think about was checking my credit report prior to signing papers. It turns out that there is a huge debt from a loan i cosigned for my ex and now I am responsible for it. He filed bankruptcy and now I have to pay. It is the only thing preventing me from getting a mortgage and i have the house picked out and all. Since it is a judgement I have 35 days to pay it in full or I will lose my dream home.
I spoke with a lawyer and he said it would take longer than 30 days to amend the decree. I am stuck and have no way to pay it, I have enough to cover my down payment but that leaves me with not getting the house I want to live forever in.

NEVER marry someone that drinks a lot and doesn't understand finances. He left me having to pay a lien from a lawsuit on an old property so we wouldnt get foreclosed on and I was able to get out of a lot of tax debt, but now when i thought it was over BAM slapped right in the face.
If anyone wants to help me get past this go to:
Need to update the procedure to record data over the entire 24 hours to be able to plot a trend line.
https .gofundme.com/29evzdwb

Re: Past in the past

Lindsey: I don't believe in co-signing for anyone. Someone I know co-signed property for a grown child who died and they had to foreclose. Usually in a divorce situation the home is sold except in extreme circumstances when one spouse earns much more than the other, etc. Best wishes to you.