Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can I move my son school districts?

I am primary parent of my son with him residing with me 7/10 days during the school week. He will be going into the 2nd grade. Recently my ex brought me to court to get put in the papers that I wasn't allowed to move school districts. I also recently just had a baby, got married and provide everything for my son, and am looking for my forever home (buying a house) but looking in a different school district than what he has been going to. We want to move to a better school district near both of our families. My ex constantly moves and doesn't provide a stable home for our son, and then I end up taking our son when he moves out of the school district. My ex will never agree with me on a different school district just so he has the "control." Is there something I can do to get that changed in our court order? I refuse to buy a house in this crappy town.

Re: Can I move my son school districts?

I think a Judge will take it into your favor if you are trying to provide a better environment for your child. Ex moving a lot and not providing your son with a stable home in the current school district will only work against him.

Re: Can I move my son school districts?

What are some things I can prove as "in the best interest" of my child, why I want to move him to a different school district?