Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Post Divorce Financial Issues

I am still on the primary mortgage and a HELOC on the marital home. Ex was awarded home along with all associated bills. I believe there was a hold harmless clause in decree, but no exact date or time frame for him to refi or sell. He stopped making house payments, did the HARP/Making Home Affordable program to lower his monthly primary mortgage payment. He did not assume the loan nor reaffirm the loan. However, simply by doing the HARP, isn't that in fact a way for him to actually say yes, he is responsible for the debt on the home? I took him to court about his NOT refi-ing to get my name off the house and the judge ruled against me saying that the original decree wasn't fair and he reopened the whole decree. We agreed on what was in the original decree, he did get more debt but it was all associated with failed businesses and rental properties that he went out and got without my consent or knowledge. He has since filed for bankruptcy. I want to get a new home loan, help??!!! See what a mess this. Ugh.

Re: Post Divorce Financial Issues

Jen: Go back to the Lawyer who handled your divorce with these issues, or, if you didn't have one, get one.

Re: Post Divorce Financial Issues

I did sue ex for post decree issues, judge reopened decree rather than ruling on issues. Ran out of money with the attorney to keep pursuing via appellate courts.