Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parenting Plans

I have a paternity case that has lasted 2 years. Recently, the judge has been pushing for us to settle. We were agreeing on certain terms than my ex kept asking for more in front of the judge and to wrap the case, the judge granted it. I stayed quiet because I had no clue what was really going on. And having an attorney on my side, I would think that if this was not beneficial to me, she would speak up representing my best interests. After seeing the parenting plan on paper, I completely disagree with it. However, they keep saying I agreed to it and want to force me to sign it. How can they force to sign a parenting plan if I did not agree to it? If the judge is enforcing his will, do I have to say I agree to it and sign it as if I do. Won't that hurt me in the long run when I wan to modify it?

Re: Parenting Plans

I have a friend that is going through the same thing. DON'T sign anything you don't agree to. Take it back to your lawyer and let them know what parts of it you disagree with and how you would like it to be. Wishing you the best of luck.