Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Getting divorced after 25 yrs

Hi I am Connie and I have been married for 25 years and we had a good life with a few bumps but recovered from them or so I thought. Last year my husband started making more and more weekend trips to Florida where his mom lives and she has never been my biggest fan so I did not go. We have custody of our 5 year old grandson and he quit taking him after the child told me that Paw Paw took him to the nice ladies house. I did question it and my husband told me that his mom's friend needed some help getting something out of her attic. Well on April 11,2016 I called him at work about something concerning the child and he had a meltdown and screamed at me to get the F out repeatedly. So I left and 3 days later he told me to file for a F'N divorce. I have left before and he has begged me back this time he didn't so I knew something was wrong more so than our normal arguments.I made it clear to him that I only filed because he told me to and that it was not what I really wanted. From then until this weekend he has not had anything to do with my grandson. We went for a temporary hearing in May and the judge awarded me the home and him to pay all the household bills including cable/internet ect. BUT she only awarded me $100 a week in spousal support and I haven't worked at his request for 25 years. This past Thursday he emails me and says he wants to pick up CJ for visitation and so I said fine for Friday to Sunday as neither of us was given primary custody. He shows up in a new 2016 Truck with his new woman.. She really isnt that new they dated prior to our marriage. Well last night when he brought our grandson back I asked him did he like his new room and Paw Paw's house and he told me he slept on the floor because Paw Paw and Ms Cindy needed the bed. This is hurtful more than I can say as he has accused me for years of adultery and I have not been with anyone.. Is there a way to stop him from bringing her to my home? The house is in both names and he seems to think its HIS house. Nerves are frayed and I am falling apart.

Re: Getting divorced after 25 yrs

I am so sorry. Usually when someone accuses you of something, they are doing it (like adultery). Meet with an attorney; first visit usually free. I got a divorce after 31 years of abuse; I know how difficult it is. Protect yourself, first and foremost.

Re: Getting divorced after 25 yrs

25 years together... I can't believe, really! I beg you not to give up! If I were you, I'd try to get him back. To start with, read the info from here - http://exback.how/husband . I wish you patience anyway. Be happy!