Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Broke down

Gina: Sorry about this. He may leave his current girl someday and move onto someone else - seen this type of behavior before. It is best to start over. Best wishes.

I walk in the exact same shoes. He says im an amazing wife and then cheats. Then he says i deserve a certain kind of man an he doesn't want to try to be that anymore. What do i do with that? Im so depressed.

Kristen: It takes time to get over someone. It may be you need more time before dating again. The courts frown on dating before a divorce is final. My ex moved across the country and started dating shortly before our court date away from the watchful eyes of the court. I really didn't want to date after my divorce and didn't think anyone would want someone in their late 40s and thought everyone was married - well someone found me, no it's not perfect but it's nice to have a companion - been divorced 8 yrs. now. It does get better. Surround yourself with supportive friends and/or family and get counseling if you have insurance to cover it if you feel you are not getting past him. If you still view him on social media, it will take longer to heal, and, worse if he puts a new love on there....best wishes.