Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Support Groups

Hello everyone!!! Does anyone here know of support groups for divorced women? In the Bethlehem/Allentown area? Not professional groups where you pay and they have a moderator, but just people getting together and sharing strength, experience and hope?

I have been divorced 7 years now and it's time to move on and rebuild my life. What I'm finding is that after spending all the time and energy needed to build a career that I have very few friends left. My old friends I had when I was married are no longer around.

I think it would be great to just meet up with other women somewhere casual and just connect with thoughts and feelings. We could also brainstorm about resources. There are still a lot of myths out there about divorce and surviving it is not easy. If anyone is interested in starting up a group with me, that's even better! Please email me at dimmickbarbara@yahoo.com and we will work something out. One thing I know and that's that you gotta get out of isolation and you gotta start with people you have something in common with! - Have a great week! - Barb