Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Feel normal

Hurt mom: For financial relief I suggest the following: your local food pantry and shopping at Thrift shops. Use credit cards only for emergencies and urgent matters. Get off all joint credit cards and/or bank accounts if you have not already done so. Check your credit report regularly and report any future financial abuse on his part to your Lawyer - been there myself. If you have insurance to cover counseling, I would recommend it or pastoral counseling if you are religious.

Re: Feel normal

Hurt mom,
I was divorced after 25 years of being married. He was my first love, first everything and he cheated with the woman he is planning to marry next year. My self esteem was soooooooo low. After I allowed myself time to morn I took a good look at who I was and found that I allowed myself to be treated poorly and I needed to take care of me. I bought a full length mirror and forced myself to stand in front of it everyday and find something I liked. My ex always found something wrong with the way I looked or what I was wearing so looking in the mirror and picking out something I liked was very hard for me at first. The first thing I realized is if I said I liked the way my hair looked, there was no one to say the opposite. My opinion about myself is all that counts. Every day will get better.