Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
how to get out of BAD marriage wen he will not leave.

I have been married for almost 30 years and it is sad but none of them have been good. I want a divorce but he will not leave. I am the major bread winner in the marriage and he spends any money he does earn on drugs and alcohol. He also has taken so much money from me that I might loose my business. I just want him out of my life so that I can go on with mine but i do not know how to get him out of my life. I do not have anyone else in my life and do not want anyone else i just want to be alone. I have been married since i was 18 and just want to take care of me now. I have taken care of every one else for 30 years and no one not even me has cared about me. I need my time now. How do I convince him to leave.

Re: how to get out of BAD marriage wen he will not leave.

You can't convince him of anything, what you should do is contact an attorney. First visit is usually free; find out your rights.

I stayed in a bad marriage for 13 years before I realized I could get the police to kick him out as we are separated. And the house is in my name.

You cannot force him to leave, only a judge can do so.
Get an attorney and file for divorce.

repairlady: My ex filed and both Lawyers kicked him out. He is a black belt in karate and once made a special trip to a public place where my daughter and I were and he shoved me. If your husband is verbally and/or physically abusive and/or drinking/drugging, etc., you can get him thrown out before you see the Judge. See a Lawyer. Oh yeah, my ex started drinking a lot before he left. I took photos of the empty liquor bottles and the karate trophies and gave them to my Lawyer.