Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Healing Seperation with goals

Me and my husband have been together 11 years. Over the past year we have both become complacent and the spark has gone. We both stepped outside of our marriage. After realizing we both want to try and work through this we have decided to do a healing seperation, seek individual and couples counseling while physically separated.

I moved in with a friend this past weekend and am an emotional disaster. Everything I took for granted about him, the things I should have doen, etc all hit me at once.

I miss him terribly. I am having a hard time believing he really wabts this to work and my paranoid mind is thinking its one big scheme so he can move on with his life without me. I am hanging on by a thread and dont know what to do.

Re: Healing Seperation with goals

Stacy: I would recommend counseling if you have insurance to cover it - also - spend time with supportive friends and/or family.

Re: Healing Seperation with goals

I think counseling would benefit you. I had thoughts like that when my husband and I separated. It was not until I went to therapy and worked on myself that I learned I can not change what is or is not going to be. I can just grow and move forward. Then the things that are going to work will. sometimes we are our own worst enemy.