Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I left him to clear my head; he asked for the divorce

I'm very new here so I'm not sure if this will work out. I left my husband three years ago due to his abusive tongue and indifference towards my children and at the time the child he and I share. I fell into a deep depression and needed to clear my head and regain my health. Divorce was never an option for me but he asked for it and three years later, I honored his request. We had a productive conversation two months before the divorce and again one month before. We texted quite a few times but the divorce was finalized early last month. He came to visit our daughter (we live in two different states now) and it was a really great visit. We talked briefly about us because it was more about our daughter. Three months before the divorce I began feeling that I did not want the divorce but would go through with it unless he said otherwise.

Bottom line, I want my husband back. I've grown and there are small hints that he's grown/changed as well; but I don't know how to go about it talking with him about it. I think I'm afraid of the rejection.

Re: I left him to clear my head; he asked for the divorce

Ultimately it is up to you. It may benefit you to seek advice from a counselor. There is always a reason for things we do. It may be good now but make sure it is not because you are lonely or it is familiar. If you make the decision to try again I would say do not rush anything.