Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My ex-husband has done all the things you're NOT supposed to do when divorced parents....

I am so sorry. I believe the only thing you can do.....is be honest with your sons; they are old enough. You don't need to bad mouth your x (that will only alienate them more).

Sit them down calmly and quietly, and ask them why they are angry. Explain that you don't have the money you would like to spend on them, and that you are doing your best...that is all anyone can do.

You spend a lot of time with them; they should be SO appreciative that you do all that you do, with little money and in pain.

They are WAY old enough to understand your situation; they should be grateful!

You can only tell them the truth and then they get to decide what to do with it.

Hopefully, they might get a glimmer of what you go through; if not then shame on them......eventually, they will understand...I hope....you sound like a lovely woman and a wonderful mom! xo

Re: My ex-husband has done all the things you're NOT supposed to do when divorced parents....

Michelle: I totally agree with what Nicole wrote. I was divorced in 2009. Our daughter is 27 now. He got drunk on several occasions and bad mouthed me to our daughter. She typed it on her laptop and questioned me. I told her he was drunk. My brother has helped out when it comes to our daughter, giving advice. My heart goes out to you. I got alimony for a while because of my back issues - wondering if you are, too. It is a good idea to shop at thrift shops and visit your local food pantry since money is tight. I text my ex when it concerns our daughter or when a family member dies. It is better to have minimal contact with these bully types and when your teen son turns 18 I recommend having less contact so your feelings don't get hurt. Many posters on this forum only contact their ex's when it concerns the kids or something urgent. Best wishes. What you are experiencing is called "parental alienation". Other posters on this forum have experienced it and the former spouse turns the kids away from the ex wife for no good reason other than to pump up their egos and abuse.