Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Were we ever really meant to be together

Hi,

I feel your pain. Married for 28 years - was married at 21 (way too young) two grown children and I'm done. Tired of trying to make it work. He blames me for everything. He is a very nice person, not abusive, but we have nothing in common. He can sit and drink his beer, smoke and listen to his music all by himself every Friday night. I have no interest in drinking alone or with him. Socially and with friends for sure. Family had a huge blow out on his birthday and I told him I wanted a divorce (not the first time this has come up) and now he has totally ignored me for over a month. I finally went to attorney and gave a retainer and I'm so stupid that I am actually contemplating talking to him to see what we can do to work it out because he is a nice man (it won't work out and I know it). Just sad to break up the household, friends, family, etc.

Sucks!!!!

Re: Were we ever really meant to be together

A tiger doesn't change their stripes. Are you in the "What if?" mode? His track record speaks volumes! If you are the only one trying to make this marriage work...., just when is enough is enough? Don't let fear guide you. Don't you deserve more? better? Your "gut feeling," that inner voice, will never give you a bum steer!