Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Getting ex to move out after divorce is final

I'm having a lot of trouble finding information that applies to "after the divorce is final". Most everything I've read is about how to get them out while the divorce is going on. I would think that once the judge signs off, he has no rights to the house (same as I have no rights to his 401K). If he is legally allowed to continue to squat in my house, why would I be prevented from withdrawing funds from the 401K?

This is the verbiage in the decree. There is no time frame or dates.
"Property to Wife.

IT IS ORDERED AND DECREED that the wife, is awarded the following as her sole and separate property, and the husband is devested of all right, title, interest and claim in and to that property:

W-1. The following real property, including but not limited to any escrow funds, prepaid insurance, utility deposits, keys, house plans, home security access and code, garage door opener, warranties and service contracts, and title and closing documents:

BEING LOT 16 IN BLOCK A OF ***********, AN ADDITION TO THE CITY OF MCKINNEY, COLLIN COUNTY, TEXAS ACCORDING TO THE MAP THEREOF RECORDED IN VOLUME M PAGE *** OF THE MAP RECORDS OF COLLIN COUNTY, TEXAS more commonly known as: Address, McKinney, TX 75070."

Go to your county courthouse and file for a standard eviction. You can attach a copy of your orders to the application.