Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm trying to find out how to go about divorcing someone that's incarcerated in another state.

I'm new that this and I hope I don't come across like a dummy. I made a really big mistake and married a man I thought I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Well 5 months after we married we split up. He lost his job shortly after and started using drugs. He robbed a few gas stations with a gun. He was caught after the forth robbery. He was sentenced to about 14 years. We have a child together but he never signed the birth certificate. I live in Nevada and he is incarcerated in Texas. How do I go about divorcing him without an attorney? Thanks for reading.

Re: I'm trying to find out how to go about divorcing someone that's incarcerated in another state.

http://info.legalzoom.com/can-divorce-place-texas-spouse-incarcerated-24291.html

and make sure child support is included. Of course he can't pay it, but over time it adds up and he will be responsible for paying until the day he dies. Also, should he die, your child may be able to draw benefits until the age of 18.