Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ex is not showing responsibility

I've been separated for about a year. Since our separation; my ex has been going down hill. He was good father, but now it's like he's changed. He got with a girl that does meth; we believe he's doing it as well. Even his family is surprised of his actions. I just want him to be present for his kids, but he's not stable. Everyone tells me not to let him see the kids until child support is received. I know there's nothing I can do, but be supportive to my kids. I feel like it's my fault, but then again I also went thru the exact same as him, but I chose to keep going. It's like he let's his girlfriend control his life by trying to keep him away from any kind of communication with us. The most that bothers me is what do I tell my kids. They knew him as the best dad to play with. Now it's not the same because there have been times he told the kids we would pick them up, but never did without any kind of notice.

Re: Ex is not showing responsibility

"Everyone tells me not to let him see the kids until child support is received."

That is terrible advice and illegal to boot. If you need to take him to court for child support, do so, but make sure you walk in with clean hands. Do NOT play keep away with the children.

I feel for you. Meth is a dirty drug and ruins lives. I hope your ex overcomes this, but you can do nothing but be there for your kids.