Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: He moved out of the house. Is a rented house. He wants us to move out. I don't

Hi, very similar. married 18 yrs, 3 kids. he wants to move out. we depend on his salary

Re: He moved out of the house. Is a rented house. He wants us to move out. I don't

Sonya: Can he afford to pay rent on where you are staying and where he is staying? Probably not. That is why he is telling you to move to (probably) an apartment which is less expensive. I hope this gets to court soon. You will need child support and restorative alimony until you finish school. I would visit your local Housing Authority to see if you are eligible for Public Housing. If you can find a responsible roommate(s) and have space for them, they could help pay the rent so you could stay. The biggest adjustment is financial usually when a separation occurs. If he is not giving you any money now, you should visit your local Food Pantry and get whatever other help you need. If he is not helping you at all financially, it will put him in an unfavorable position with the Judge.