Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Please help! he wants my money!

Lana: My ex wanted half of my money also but did not get it because I was only working a few hours a week. I got a good, experienced Lawyer. You should get a Lawyer. Sometimes the first visit is free. If you cannot afford a Lawyer, visit or call your nearest women's services center to see if there is any free legal help there and/or call the nearest Bar Association to see if there is anyone answering calls about the law sometimes "pro bono" (free). He is using you if he wants $10K to sign divorce papers especially if he does not know how much you have in the bank. One of the things divorced people must do is to reveal their finances on paper. It doesn't seem like he has told you or written down how much he has at the request of a Lawyer! This guy is all about money. Also, I hope you are looking for a job. Visit your local Unemployment Office. They can help you find a job or tell you about job training. Many women are trained to cook, clean and do errands for the elderly or to work in medical offices.