Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Haven't left yet

Giving this a try because I feel like I cannot talk to anyone in my life about what I'm going through. If they knew, they would force me out and I'm not quite ready. I have only been married a year and a half and life is very difficult. My husband does not work. I'm the sole provider. We have no children though he has 3 from a previous relationship. I'm miserable. He is an alcoholic. He stays home and drinks. He does work on our propert, but he does not value how hard I work. He is aggressive and at times violent. He is controlling, yells at me, calls me the most disgusting names. He has been violent but I won't put the details on here. Then I find myself trying to excuse his behavior. Say he doesn't mean it. Say he has low self esteem and feels bad about himself. Say I should stroke his ego more. I don't want to go through facing my family and friends and tell them that my marriage has failed already. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts. I feel so alone. Thank you for listening.

Re: Haven't left yet

Get out Now!

The embarrassment of a failed marriage fades very quickly. Get out before you become further entangled in his life, especially before you become pregnant.

Re: Haven't left yet

I am also giving it a try because I haven't come to grips with telling others in my family that there are problems. In the past sometimes sharing these issues only made it worse.