Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dating a guy over a year and still yet to meet kid

DivorcedinNY: I have known people who dated divorced people with kids and if things were going really well, they introduced them to the new girlfriend/boyfriend. My mom and Dad were divorced. Some of the people they dated I already knew. It seems like he's in denial of the divorce for the sake of his daughter. As she gets older, she will probably become angry because they were not honest with her about having been divorced. Sometimes the moms of the children on this forum do not want the ex's girlfriend to meet the kids/spend time with them. I think you are not being treated well in this situation and it is all about them pretending to still be a family for the sake of the child. You decide how long you want to wait for him, it was a while before my boyfriend introduced me to his family, but him keeping you away from his family too much longer is not a good sign that he has good, long term intentions toward you. This sounds like a mess. If you are not happy, I would end it and move on. He sounds like a person who is very inconsiderate of your feelings. If he is concerned about her ability to cope with the divorce, he should bring her to counseling.