Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just starting to deal with the idea of divorce

Yesterday I found the chat between my husband and someone I know. I spoke to him on the phone as I was heading to work and he told me we would talk about it when he got home. I copied and printed out the messages and read them to him. So last night he told me that he hasn't been in love with me for a few years and that after our daughter's wedding at the end of August we would separate. Which leads to divorce...I'm not stupid. I have so many emotions going on in my head, my heart is heavy. We will be married 33 years this April. What am I going to do?

Re: Just starting to deal with the idea of divorce

Men are such boneheads! Marriage can sizzle out over time, and if neither party does anything to keep the spark, as soon as one get attention from an outside source, they are ready to bail. 33 years is a mighty long time to walk away from, unless both have walked away a long ago. Which is often the case, neglect, less time spent together, no affection, etc. Review your financial picture. Unfortunately divorced women lifestyle lessen than if they remained and worked out their differences.

Re: Just starting to deal with the idea of divorce

Men are weak and jerks! They take the best of us, our best years, our energy from dealing with their BS our looks our health and then selfishly throw years like 33 years away at the moment someone else gives them 5 minutes of attention. So that you have no regrets, FIGHT for your marriage! But don't agonize of his affair! Fight by getting BACK TO YOU! Lose weight! Get lipo if need to and pay for it with his money! Get a trainer, new hair cut and color new outfit and new interest. Get some new friends! All while you are doing this, plan for your divorce! Get your life back and see if he regains interest in you. If he doesn't someone else will and you'll also feel better about yourself! Then graciously accept his desire to leave. Shock him by not adding drama to the situation. Believe me him will be confused seeing this new you and how willing you are to move on! Then he'll want to fight for you! Works almost every time!