Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ncp claiming new child against current child support order?

Child support messed up and never got our incomes. Child support was set at min wage incomes when he made $15/hr. Now that my lawyer requested for his info and child support is going up NCP is using his new child with new wife as part of his expenses to lower my daughters support. Should I just let it go or have my lawyer ask the judge if they agree to this or should the NCP get another job to support kids he KEEPS making. Some advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Re: Ncp claiming new child against current child support order?

Sheree: If it ends up he can't pay more, then cut your expenses/seek help. Shop at thrift shops. Sometimes clothes at these shops still have the tags on them. When you get clothes for yourself and other things off season/end of season clearance, you can save, too, and, if your food is taking up too much of your budget, shop at the local food pantry. You can't change his behavior, but you can make adjustments to your own budget. Buy only what you need, not those, "nice to have" but unnecessary items. Moms gave me clothes their kids didn't fit into anymore and it saved me a lot as a stay-at-home mom whose husband got laid off several times (now divorced). I always had to shop at thrift shops. The three necessities "food, clothing and shelter".