Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How to know?

I have one very simple question for you;

Is what other people think about you more important than what your own children think about you?

Here's another:

Is your children's emotional, mental and physical health more important to you than admitting to other's that you aren't June Cleaver?

I started getting divorced when I was 41...took over 5 years to finalize. It was the best thing I ever did for my children and myself. I don't give a rat's butt what anyone thinks. What's the point of other people believing you are happy and have a good family if you really don't?

Time to put on your big girl panties and realize that reality is more important than putting on a fake front for people that don't matter nearly as much as you and your children do.

This is what I've said to myself...and found my answer. You try the same. If one of my children were an adult in the future and they told you they were in this situation and asked for advice. What would you tell them to do? As your child...what would you tell them to do? Most likely you would tell them they deserved better. And if they deserved better...why isn't that what you deserve?

Hi, after I read 1/2 half your story I was thinking "get out of this relationship". It is not healthy to have your kids witness this behavior from your husband. When they get into a relationship one day they'll think that is normal and it's far from normal. You need to get some help asap. 40 is young to start over, I'm 50 and split up at 41 years old. It will be tough at first but life is short. Maybe you can go to counseling together and work on it but he needs to stop the drinking. Life is short, everyone should be happy. You deserve to be happy. Good luck and hope everything works out for you.