Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My home

I bought my home before we married but later put him on title. But we refinanced the house the loan was done only in his name, and he took 70,000.00 out for a business. later we separated and he didn't want anything to do with the house or the money he owed he signed the house over to me. But its been 5 years we didn't divorce and I have been paying the mortgage myself I got a modification before we separated and have a 2% interest rate for the duration of the loan. He asked for a divorce and now wants me to take his name off the loan. He has a tax lien of 16,000.00 on my house from not paying his bushiness or personal taxes for years. Which if I wanted to refinance they would want it paid. Something I cannot afford is there anything I can do not to lose my home or modification terms?

Re: My home

Janet: Speak with a divorce lawyer about this. In many cases of divorce, the house is sold, but since it is in your name that may be in your favor. This sounds like a very complicated situation in which a Lawyer is needed - either one who handles tax matters and/or divorce.

Re: My home

Find a lawyer who may help you with both- tax matters and your divorce. Have you found any such lawyer yet? If you want to get legal advice for your business or family issue, the lawyer will show you the pros and cons of your action. Instead of taking risks, the better job is to get the valuable and professional services of a lawyer. Navigate to this web-site for more info!