Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Do I have rights?? What should I expect/plan for?!

Stacy: It is true you cannot force him to leave the house, especially if you own it together, unless he is abusing you, because you two are still legally married. You can expect child support. Where I live, the amount of support is based on the person's income. Research the divorce laws on line in your State. You may also be eligible for some type of temporary restorative type alimony until you finish school and get a job. If you need help, visit your local women's services center and local food pantry if your husband's help isn't enough. See if there is Government voucher child care in your area when you go back to work (Government help paying for Day Care if you need it). I recommend a Family Lawyer. They are best when kids are concerned and don't forget in the divorce agreement that he needs to help pay for your kids to attend college if they choose in the future. I know someone who didn't and although her ex makes good money, he refused and she had to take out a loan in her own name (they both work and the child worked when not in school).